For over 35 years, Sign Language USA (just call us SLUSA!) has continuously provided skilled, professional, certified, and qualified American Sign Language (ASL)Interpreters for any occasion (Emergency Room, Hospital, Medical Office, Educational Setting, Business meetings, Government Facilities, and beyond). Interpreters arrive to your location to perform interpreter services face to face.
We are honored that some of the most high profile clients in the region trust SLUSA with their interpreting needs. SLUSA interpreters are:
- HIPAA Trained and Compliant – All interpreters must meet HIPAA compliance, sign confidentiality agreements, SLUSA code of conduct which includes confidentiality, and commitment to following The Registry of Interpreters for the Deaf Code of Professional Conduct in which tenets require confidentiality as well.
- Complete national criminal background check which includes SOR. Live scan fingerprinting as well for interpreters working in schools or around minors.
- Meet interpreter skills review and assessment to ensure highest quality interpreters.
- Complete SLUSA’s rigorous on-boarding process which must meet SLUSA’s quality assurance guidelines.
- Provide copies of all immunizations/vaccinations and flu-shots kept on file. Customers with specific immunization requirements are only assigned interpreters who’ve met those requirements with proof on file.
- Complete specialized training for medical interpreters including medical terminology, Bloodborne Pathogen Training, Infection Control Training, and Medicare Fraud and Abuse Training.
Sign Language USA’s executive team is comprised of hearing, CODA, and Deaf with a combination of over 100 years experience in the industry. Every Interpreter is matched with a request that is best suited to her/his experience, skill level, and language requirements of the deaf individual.
SLUSA’s response time, request fill rate, and client satisfaction are the best in the industry. We are also proud to be the lowest cost option with additional policies that are all designed to save our customers money to help reduce costs of interpreting services.
Give us a try! We would be honored to work with you.